12 and 13, 2005
Greenberg's Train Show, Ft Washington Expo Center
It was the most crowded Greenberg's show we could recall in 8
We were on Channel 6 ABC news Sunday morning!!! They came on
Saturday and took some footage of me running my new K-Line B&O
capitol limited train and the other layouts. It turns out they did air
it and used the footage of my train!
We had at least a dozen folks viewing the layout constantly from
10:00AM until 3:30 PM on Saturday and again from about 11:00AM to
3:00PM on Sunday.
We got to run the pre-production model of the new Lionel N&W J.
Photos were taken and
added to the site.
- We fielded lots of questions from the crowd.
- At various times four and even five trains were running at once as Carl and Bill ran 2 passenger consists
on the same track
- The switching modules saw a lot of use as various trains pulled out of the yard and switched on to the center main.
Many onlookers found this sort of operation very interesting.
- Tommy took Bill's Lionel NYC Mogul out for an inaugural spin.
The layout was 24' x 48' at this show. The front was Bill's 8
trolley modules plus the bridge. The back was Carl's 8 yard
modules plus the other bridge. Carl and Dave's wide turns made
up the corners. Carl's 3 switching modules made the left end and the
Carl's Oil, wrong side of the tracks and Tommy's train station made up
the other end.
The 8 trolley modules were bolted into 4 pairs, 8 foot long each.
This significantly reduced trolley module set up time.
Carl installed 2 thick pins on one end of yard module and mating
holes on the next yard module. This had three advantages.
- The modules were much easier to connect.
- Only two legs per module were needed.
- Set up time was notably reduced.
Setup was Carl, Karen and Bill. We got into the show early about
12:15. We had everything up and running by 6:20.
On Saturday morning all that had to be done was put the trains on
Power distribution and TMCC signal worked flawlessly the entire
The show was in the B Hall
Teardown took about 3 hours.